Benji Aronoff - The Two Sides of Benji Aronoff - Prestige PR 7416 - Prestige Original Pressing, Blue Trident Label, Mono
Benji Aronoff - Guitar, Banjo & Vocals
Recorded - [ not listed on sleeve, unknown 1965?]
Production - [uncredited]
Recording - Rudy Van Gelder
Cover Design - Don Schlitten
Cover Photo - Jeff Gebber
Released - April 16, 1966
Let's call this an 'honorary' Jazz side for the moment why don't we ...it's listed in all major Prestige and Jazz discographies, it has its own catalog number in the main Prestige 7000 Jazz series, and it was even recorded by the legendary Rudy Van Gelder! Ok, maybe not.
Essentially a low key blue grass/traditional folk side - pleasant, surprisingly not cheesy but hardly what I'd call essential. Spotted in the crates at a local record show on the weekend, I had to have this particular side as I'm always drawn to these historical curiosities i.e folk records on major jazz labels. Strictly for all you Prestige completists out there, excellent fidelity from the original Prestige mono vinyl.
Get it
Thanks a lot. A discover for me. I'm this kind of completist, so a big thanks to you for this rarity.
ReplyDeleteChristophe