
Pola Chapelle - Sings Italian Folk Songs - Prestige International INT 13015 - Private CD Rip [25 cents!]
Pola Chapelle - Vocals, Guitar & Tambourine
Raphael Boguslav - Guitar
Recorded - [? dates unknown, Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ ]
Produced by Kenneth S Goldstein
Recorded by Rudy Van Gelder
Cover - [uncredited]
Released - 1961?
I believe that this must be the easiest Prestige International side to acquire. It's something I encounter often in bargain bins/record shows/ LPs posted on ebay which may indicate that a lot of copies were pressed in anticipation of a commercial breakthrough which never came.
It's essentially a side of old Italian folk songs (kind of a "Godfather" vibe) sung by the Italian American singer Pola Chapelle. Everything is tastefully arranged and sung nicely. I guess you could classify this as a type of 'ethno-folk-easy listening' music - pleasant but hardly dynamic. Normally I wouldn't go for such 'diva' material - but it literally cost me a quarter. Ripped from a private CD (strictly a needle drop) which is about impossible to obtain.
http://minus.com/mbdGqWBcPh
ReplyDelete